Monday, December 14, 2009

Sugar, Sugar

Last week my in-laws hosted a Christmas party for the pastoral staff at our church and my mother-in-law made a Blue Cheese Chop Salad like the one at Outback. One of the ingredients is candied pecans and oh my were they so good! So I decided to make some to snack on.

You'll need
1 egg white
1 T water
2 bags pecan halves (16 oz)
1 C white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Beat the eggs and water until fluffy

DSC_1112

Mix together the sugar, salt and cinnamon. Coat pecans in the egg mixture

DSC_1115

Toss in sugar until coated

DSC_1116

Grease a cookie sheet and spread pecans into a single layer. Bake at 250 for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.

DSC_1118

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go eat my weight in candied pecans!

*I actually didn't use all the sugar mixture, so use as much or as little as you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment