Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm Leaving...

in a red mini-van! Tomorrow I am leaving with my MIL and two little boys on a road trip to GA to join my husband and FIL! I am so excited to reunite with my man but I am very apprehensive about the drive. It is an 8 hour trip, although I am sure it will take us a little longer. We took Andrew on a road trip when he was 6 months old, but we left at bedtime and he slept for 12 hours through the night. This time we are leaving first thing in the morning, so hopes of sleepy boys are probably unrealistic!

Part of me wants to chicken out and not go for fear of a terrible trip! Joshua is still facing backwards in his car seat which could prove to be problematic! (I seriously considered purchasing earplugs)

Prayers for safe travels, alertness, our sanity and happy boys would be appreciated!

I will let everyone know *if* when we arrive!

*Please keep the Jackson family in your prayers tonight, Joe, the dad was taken to the hospital and was believed to have a stroke. I am close friends with his daughters and I am sure that they would appreciate your prayers on their behalf.

2/4 Update : We made it safe and sound! It was an 8 hour drive and we made it in 9, not too bad with little ones! Both boys were wonderful travelers, the Lord protected us and blessed us!

No comments:

Post a Comment