1. For everyday face washing I use Equate Deep Cleanse Daily face wash. Fancy, I know. Spencer and I both use it and it costs about $2.50 a bottle. (Sorry for the bad picture!)
2. To wash my face I use the Clarisonic Mia skin care brush. This was one of the biggest splurges of my life. I have been using it for about 4 months and I love it. When I get ready in the morning I like my face to feel really clean before I put my makeup on and this does that for me!
3. When I have a blemish I love Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish stick. If I feel a blemish coming I apply this stuff about every 20 minutes through the day and it will dry it right up!
4. Just this week I went and bought my first ever MAC makeup. I have fallen in love with their Studio Finish concealer, it covers my dark eye circles and makes me look like I've gotten 12 hours of sleep!
5. For color I use Milani eye liner and mineral blush. I have only ever found this brand at CVS. I have been fairly happy with this brand, although I feel like I have to use a lot of blush to get the color I want. Once I'm out of my current colors, I might splurge on MAC colors!
6. For my lips I like Victorias Secret Beauty Rush Lip gloss, it's inexpensive so I carry one in the car, in my purse and in my makeup bag!
7. For my hair I have to use a root lifter. I use Big Sexy Hair Root Pump. Let's just say that I've got "Skinny Thin hair" and this stuff makes it a little more manageable. I spray it on my roots and dry my hair with a round brush and it helps my hair not look quite so pathetic.
8. After I dry my "Skinny Thin hair" and tease it to death I use my favorite hair product, Tresemme Ultra Fine Mist hairspray. I spray my hair A LOT to get it to stay they way I want. My routine goes something like this, tease, spray, comb, straighten, spray, tease, spray, spray, comb, spray, spray, spray! Using this hairspray I can do all that and it won't be sticky or wet. Trust me, it's good stuff!
Well there you have it for my beauty products. I like to think that all the items I listed are fairly affordable but work as good as anything else out there! If I had one tip to share I think it would be to always wash your face and remove makeup before bed! I use eye makeup remover to get my mascara and eyeliner off every night. I don't have a 12 step program for facial cleansing or makeup application but with two boys running/crawling around I have time to do this every morning.
As I shared last week with the fashion tips, I love to shop. I love to be "in style." I love to wear makeup and spray my hair. But more than anything I hope that people see past my teased hair and mascaraed lashed to see that I love the Lord and I rely on Him for true beauty.
Proverbs 31:30 - Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.