Friday, February 26, 2010

Cheesecake Fantasy

Have you ever been to Cold Stone Creamery? Well I have, like twice. I think "creamery" is code for, "Our ice cream is insanely expensive because we have a highly scientific way of making a stirred up sundae."

For Christmas Spencer and I got three gift cards to Cold Stone and were on a date night last week and decided to use one. Let me just take a moment to say that gift cards to restaurants are our favorite, favorite, favorite gift. Nothing beats a free date! We try so hard to make them last that we will actually have a snack before we go out to eat and then share a meal so we don't use up the gift cards so fast! ha!

So back to my story. We went to Cold Stone and for the first time in my whole life I didn't want chocolate ice cream. I would usually pick a chocolate and peanut butter concoction but on this particular night I was in the mood for something fruity. I think I was hoping that eating fruit ice cream would balance the monster burrito that we had just eaten! Spencer will almost always pick fruit over chocolate so it worked out for us to share...the smallest serving they make of course!

We picked the "Cheesecake Fantasy" creation. It was cheesecake ice cream, graham cracker pie crust, strawberries and blueberries. As we were eating we thought to ourselves, "We could make this at home!" Which leads me to the purpose of this post!

Homemade Cheesecake Fantasy

Step # 1 - Smash up some strawberries (I used frozen strawberries and smashed them with a Slap Chop!)
DSC_2605
Step # 2 - Smash up some graham crackers (I smashed them with a wooden spoon) :)
DSC_2606
Step # 3 - Scoop up some vanilla ice cream
DSC_2608
Step # 4 - Nuke the ice cream to make it soft
DSC_2610
Step # 5 - Mix it all up
Step # 6 - Split into two bowls (if you're feeling nice)
DSC_2611
Step # 7 - Put it back in the freezer to firm
Step # 8 - Find the cutest guy around to share it with!
DSC_2617
Step # 9 - Enjoy your very cheap, but very tasty version of homemade Cheesecake Fantasy!

*I don't think I have ever served ice cream as dessert for guests, but I think that this could be company worthy! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for telling me about your friend Nicole.. I am soooo excited that she won! Nine children? She is my hero!! I cant't wait to get all of her goodies out to her!! Oh and yes we love cold stone creamery too so it is a good thing that we do NOT have one where we live! It is a nice treat for us when we go out of town!

    ReplyDelete