Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Birthday Bash

Yesterday I celebrated the big 2-4! I share my birthday with my father-in-law and cousin-in-law! March 1st is a popular day!
Saturday we celebrated with Spencer's family. My mother-in-law made an awesome dinner, we had crabcakes for appetizers, steak, salad and potatoes for dinner and chocolate cake for dessert. Mmmm! I got cute new pajamas, flip flops and....shopping money! Woo hoo!

Here are some pictures from the night.

DSC_2669

DSC_2670

DSC_2681

DSC_2682

Yesterday, on my actual birthday I spent the day with some great friends, Erin and Jessica and their little ones, Payton and Easton. When I first came to Florida the first girl I connected with was Erin. She and her husband, Steve were friends with Spencer and Steve was the Student Ministries pastor at our church. My friendship with Erin comes so naturally, we can always just pick up where we left off. They moved away shortly after Spencer and I were married but luckily for me her parents still live in Florida and we always try to meet up when she comes for a visit! I met Jessica through Erin and she lives about halfway between me and Erin's parents, so we met at her house! These are two beautiful women and I wish we all lived closer! You can check out Erin's blog here and Jessica's blog here!

We spent the morning letting our kids play and talking about anything and everything!

Andrew and Miss Payton on their first date! Ha!

DSC_2708

Joshua wanted in on the action!

DSC_2712

Today my friend, Mandy took me to lunch to celebrate. I didn't get any pictures because we were wrestling 3 little monkeys the whole time! We ended up moving the party to her house because there was no way to sit and visit and keep all the boys entertained. We always chuckle at how much our lives have changed in the last couple years! She was so sweet to treat me to lunch and get me a cute new top and some pretty lip gloss!

DSC_2729

Spencer and I have yet to really celebrate, I think we might get to go out this Friday. But he did give me a sweet card and Beth Moore's new book, So Long Insecurity. I mentioned that I wanted to read it and he picked up on my hints :-) I also got a new closet, but that's a whole other post!

I had a wonderful birthday with lots of friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment