Thursday, January 7, 2010

Show Us Your Life - New Year Resolutions

”Show

It's the start of a new year and Kelly's Korner is helping us share our resolutions!


#1. Read to my boys from their new Bible daily. We asked for it for Christmas because I want the boys to learn the stories and get as excited about reading their Bible as they do about reading Itsy Bitsy Spider!

#2. Entertain more - I have been making excuses for far too long about why we don't invite people over. I say things like, "our kitchen is too small, the boys make it hard to talk, I'll do it when we get a bigger house..." But I believe that God has called me to use what He has already equipped me with to serve Him.

#3. Continue in an exercise routine. At the end of November I started using the 30 Day Shred. I had gotten to a point where I was disgusted with the way I felt about myself, but also knew that no one could change that but me! I have felt great since starting and am going to be diligent to continue!

#4. Randomly bless others - Last year my family and I were blessed by people who brought meals, wrote us notes, gave us gift cards to the grocery store; I realized how a small blessing could make your whole day. I want to bless other people by offering to babysit so they can have a date, take dinner so they don't have to cook, or just write an encouraging note to tell them they are loved and appreciated.

#5. Get away for a night with my husband - I just want to give my husband some undivided attention that every marriage needs!

#6. Create and organized prayer system - Sometimes I get very overwhelmed by prayer requests because I feel like I need to pray for every prayer request every day. I need to come up with some sort of written, organized prayer system so I can pray more effectively!

#7. Add some new dinners to my menus - I feel like I rotate the same 8-10 meals every 2 weeks. I get bored of cooking the same things and I am pretty sure that Spencer gets bored eating the same things! I need to spice things up!

#8. Master coupon clipping/smart shopping - let me start by saying that I don't really WANT to do this....but I know I SHOULD. Spencer works hard to provide and I should do my part to stretch what he provides for us!

#9. Contentment & appreciation - I have come to realize that we are never promised a tomorrow, another baby or a picture perfect life and so I want to be content where I am, appreciate my many blessings and praise God no matter what comes my way!

#10. Get a new blog layout - I have been asking Spencer to make me a new background, so I hope to have one before too long!

Have a blessed 2010!

1 comment:

  1. Great goals for 2010! Blessings and best wishes for you throughout the year!

    Though I certainly haven't "arrived," I recognized last year that I had trouble keeping a consistent prayer life because there are just so many things I wanted to pray for, and I always felt overwhelmed at where to start. Then I made a list of all the things I wanted to pray for and assigned each topic to a specific day; of course there were so many I had to break it up into various times throughout the day, but it got me started, and I didn't feel quite so paralyzed and overwhelmed. Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete