Friday, September 18, 2009

Amazing Lunch....(plus a dinner recipe recap)



It's Friday! Which means that Kelly's Korner is hosting "Show Us Your Life" - Dinner Recipes
Well If you read my post on Wednesday, then you already saw my dinner recipe...so I decided to add a lunch recipe that I love love love to make this more than just a re-cap!

I got this recipe from my mother-in-law and I love it. (Did I mention that I love it?) It is a wonderful light lunch that is so refreshing. You can make it a sandwich or just eat it with crackers!

Party Chicken Salad
1C chopped pecans
1/2 C mayo
1/4 C onion
2 T fresh basil (use dry if that' what you have on hand)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4 C cooked chicken (I use canned chicken to make it fast)
4 small peeled and diced peaches

Pull apart chicken with fork, mix all ingredients and enjoy!

DSC_8752

DSC_8754

DSC_8756

Chicken Rolls
Chicken - cooked and shredded
1 package crescent dinner rolls
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 C milk
pepper
shredded cheddar cheese
chopped onion

Unroll crescent rolls and place shredded chicken and chopped onion in center. Sprinkle with pepper. Roll up and place in baking dish. Mix milk and cream of chicken. Pour over chicken rolls and top with shredded cheddar. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.

DSC_9350

DSC_9352

DSC_9354

1 comment:

  1. I am so going to try the chicken rolls! I like chicken but it has to be shredded up in something, I can not eat chicken breast alone lol, so I am always trying to find new recipes. Thank you for sharing!
    -Ash-

    ReplyDelete