Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Greatly Blessed

Sometimes I question God. I think that I know what is fair, what is right and what I deserve. I allow myself to forget that God is sovereign. But yesterday during my quiet time, he gently reminded me that I "deserve" nothing, but he has blessed me greatly anyways and I need to always remember to be thankful.

It is so easy to become ungrateful and take things for granted.

So I spent some time just thanking the Lord.
For my husband. I don't deserve a husband that treats me so well, that loves me so much and that values me. I am so very thankful for my husband.
For my sons. I don't deserve to have two beautiful sons that are healthy, that are loving and sweet. Two pregnancies that were easy and healthy. I am so thankful for my sons.
For my mom. I have been blessed with a mom that has loved me and taught me. She has prayed over me and worked hard to provide for me and my entire family. I am thankful for my mom.
For my freedom, that I live in a country of great opportunity and privilege. I am thankful for my freedom.

And this is just a short list.

Last night I had a huge reminder of the great blessings in my life. I was reading a post on Kelly's Korner and she was asking for prayer for this family. Please read their story and please pray for their family. As I was thinking of this family again this morning, God was reminding me that even in the greatest storms of life that he is loving, faithful, almighty, good, holy and just.

I remembered that I must always praise God for who he is, for his character. To always be thankful for the many many blessings in my life and to never take his blessings for granted.

What do you have to be thankful for today?

Psalm 145: 3-7 - Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts.They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works.They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deeds.They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment